Pages

Apr 4, 2010

NCIS Los Angeles: what's wrong with viewers?



Months ago, while I was watching NCIS' episode "Legend" (parts 1 and 2), which was supposed to be the introduction to NCIS Los Angeles, I said to myself, "man, I'm gonna love this show".

Later, when it finally arrived to this side of the world, to my surprise, Louise Lombard was not there anymore. And there was this new character played by Linda Hunt.

What the hell...?
I mean, what happened between Legend and the actual NCIS:LA first episode? Why Macy wasn't there?

From what I read, Macy "didn't test well with the viewers". Sorry, but again, what the hell...?
With what viewers? When? How? WTF?

Don't get me wrong, I like NCIS Los Angeles very much; but the producers got rid of a much needed character, and instead they leave that spot empty so the team has no leader, and they add a female version of Ducky to the show? Again, what the hell...?

I'm not complaining about Linda Hunt... her career is impressive, I know that, but her role on NCIS: LA is... undefined. As I just said, she's the female version of Ducky from the original NCIS, and I like it because she adds value to the show, but... why is she there? What's her role on the team? And speaking about the team, what's the reason why there's no leader?

I'm not trashing the show, I love it and I watch it every week. I'm just... wondering and complaining.

Which leads me to another issue: some people keep punishing Sam Hanna because it's played by LL Cool J.

I understand that some people can't stand LL Cool J's public character, his pose as the "hey, look how cool I am" guy; but that has nothing to do with his character on the show. He plays an agent, a former Navy SEAL, and he plays it pretty well. Period.


Once again, what's wrong with viewers?